The NevesCorvo polymetallic base metal mine is loed approximately 220 km southeast of Lisbon within the western part of the worldclass Iberian Pyrite Belt which runs through southern Spain and Portugal. Neves Corvo comprises of 5 dis .
· EPOS' employees at Neves Corvo Mine conclude their Recognition of Skills process. EPOS – Empresa Portuguesa de Obras Subterrâneas, (EPOS) once again carried out, this year, a project to promote the Development of Skills of workers assigned to Neves Corvo Mine.
NevesCorvo is a copper and zinc mine that is owned and operated by the Portuguese company SOMINCOR (Sociedade Mineira de NevesCorvo ), which is a subsidiary of Lundin Mining since November 2006. In 1977, the NevesCorvo massive sulphide deposit was discovered on the western edge of the Iberian Pyrite Belt.
to kit out NevesCorvo expansion Mining . has won a contract for the Zinc Expansion Project at NevesCorvo mine in Portugal, owned and operated by Lundin Mining subsidiary Somincor is providing a C120 jaw crusher, flotation cells and filter presses for the NevesCorvo Zinc Expansion Project
· For example, roquesite CuInS 2 has been described in NevesCorvo orebody (Garcia De Miguel, 1990) as well as Inbearing stannoı̈dite Cu 8 Fe 2 (Fe,Zn)Sn 2 S 12, tiemanite HgSe in a particular MS facies (Benzaazoua, 1996), or even tennantite in "Neves norte" orebody (Pinto et al., 1995). Download : Download fullsize image; Fig. 13.
NevesCorvo is a mainly copper and zinc mine producing copper, zinc and lead concentrates. The operation is owned and operated by Lundin Mining's Portuguese subsidiary SOMINCOR. Lundin Mining acquired NevesCorvo as part of the company's 2006 merger with EuroZinc Mining.
INTMET PARTNERS The INTMET industrydriven multisectoral Consortium consists of 12 partners from 8 European countries and 1 partner from South Africa. Partners involve 3 mines in operation (KGHM in Poland, Cobre Las Cruces in Spain, Sociedad Mineira de Neves Corvo SOMINCOR in Portugal), 3 technology providers (Outotec, Tecnicas Reunidas –TR, and .
· Lundin Mining has suspended construction and commissioning activities at the Zinc Expansion Project (ZEP) of the NevesCorvo operation in Portugal, to reduce the risk to its workforce in light of the coronavirus pandemic.. The move to suspend operations in Portugal comes after one of Lundin's employees at its Candelaria copper project in Chile had tested .
Somincor, the owner of NevesCorvo, is expected to invest €130 million in 2013 and between €300€700 million over the next five years. Gold is becoming very attractive in Portugal, with over 2 million ounces identified in the past 18 months corresponding to reserves of over €2,5 billion.
The NevesCorvo operation in Portugal shares the same backoffice commercial team as the Eagle mine in the and Zinkgruvan mine in Sweden which have been live on Mineman since October 2016. The aim of the project has been to deliver the MINEMAN Release 7 system to manage the daily commercial marketing, finance administration and logistics of concentrate parcels for the NevesCorvo operation.
· Lundin Mining awards contract to for Somincor Zinc Expansion Project at NevesCorvo mine in Portugal 26 December 2017 With the Zinc Expansion Project, Lundin Mining expects to expand production from the existing mining areas and from the deeper, highergrade zinc deposit Lombador Phase 2.
· The Neves Corvo massive sulphide deposit is loed at the southeastern termination of the Rosario Antiform in the Portuguese part of the Iberian Pyrite Belt (Fig. 1) and was discovered in 1977 (Leca et al. 1983).The local stratigraphy of the VolcanoSedimentary Complex (VS), which hosts the massive sulphide mineralisation, was first described by Albouy et al. and consists of a lower unit of ...